In this week’s show we will be looking at the cultural changes in the 70s that set the stage for the growing collaboration between black and white musicians to create a unique “South African Sound”.
In Episode 2 we feature the music of:
- Circus – In The Arena (1977)
- Soul Brothers – Zithini Izingane (1988)
- Juluka – Woza Friday (1976)
- Hotline & Steve Kekana – Feel So Strong (1983)
- Yvonne Chaka Chaka – I’m in Love With a DJ (1985)
- Asylum Kids – Fight It With Your Mind (1982)
- The Dynamics – This Weekend (1983)
- Brenda & The Big Dudes – Weekend Special (1983)
- Via Afrika – Hey Boy (1983)
- eVoid – Taximan (1983)
- Joy – Paradise Road (1980)
These are the links to artists and events covered in our news section:
You can find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TuneMeWhat
We will really appreciate your feedback. We’re always open to suggestions and even requests! If you’re a South African musician living or touring internationally, do let us know about your concerts, album releases or tours – we’d love to give you a punt on the show. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
But most importantly, if you enjoy the show, tell your friends about Tune Me What?!
If you’d like to advertise on the show, drop us a line at email@example.com
Trouble using the player? DOWNLOAD the show.