If you’re a South African musician, producer, label manager or promotor, or a music journalist, or documentary film maker, or in some way connected to the South African music scene and you find yourself passing through London in the UK, or Los Angeles or San Diego in the USA, we’d be delighted to have you as a guest on our show.
Just give us a shout and we’ll make a plan to sit down with you and chat about your work and South African music in general on the South African music podcast described by Esquire Magazine as “essential”.
Previous guests have included:
- Robbi Robb of The Asylum Kids, Tribe After Tribe and Third Ear Experience
- Ivor Haarburger, music industry pioneer and former head of Gallo Records
- Ivan Kadey of National Wake and Shifty Records co-founder
- Sharon Katz of Sharon Katz & The Peace Train
- Barry Hilton, comedian and occasional comic songman
- Tony Cox, master-guitarist and singer/songwriter
- Michael Flek, punk icon and leader of Wild Youth
- Lloyd Ross, record producer and head of Shifty Records
- Sonja Herholdt, Afrikaans songstress still going strong
- Michael Drewett, renowned music sociologist (and ex-Gramsci Beat)
- Robin Auld, the leader of 80s sensation Z-Astair and solo artist
- Michael Cross, producer and documentary filmmaker
- After Robot, band
- Alistair Coakley, guitar maestro and Hotline star
- Cito Otto, lead singer of Wonderboom
- Donvé Lee, author of ‘Syd Kitchen: The Scars that Shine’
- Tim Hopwood, singer, songwriter, photojournalist
- Gary Rathbone, multi-instrumentalist from What Colours!, The Aeroplanes and The Spectres.